Hey all,
I know it has been a long time since I have updated my blog, and I am sorry about that. So here I am updating now to let you know that, Yes, I am still alive and well.
It has rained almost every day since I have been here, but I like it because it reminds me of home. I seem to have come during the rainy season, but my last two months here will be during the dry season, which I hear becomes really hot and humid. so the climate right now is just right for me, however, it's really cold for the Ugandans. I see a lot of them waring jackets in the middle of the day, it's funny because to me it's not cold at all. So here I am in a tank top and everyone else is waring long sleeves or a jacket.
I have really enjoyed working with the Spring of Hope staff! My third week in Uganda was my first week of meeting the staff, and doing home visits in the village with Emma (he works in the area of child development) and Mawazi (he is the field work coordinator). My fourth week I got to meet that teachers at the schools I am going to be helping with. I am working under Charles (he is the child sponsorship coordinator for the schools). My main roll is working with our 21 deaf children with Charles who is also very skilled in sign language.
In a couple of weeks from now both Charles and I have desiced to take our deaf kids to Entebbe Zoo. I am really excted about this because most of them, if not all have never been to a zoo before. Right now we are trying to finalize the detailes and put together a budjet for this trip, and God willing everying will go smoothley.
anyhow, that's what has been going on in Uganda so far.
may God bless and keep you,
`Roxanna
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Deaf Awareness Week -Sep. 21st-26th
Geoffrey, Emma, Ruth, Me & Falo
Working Buddies
Charles & I just hanging out
At The Hotel in Kampala
Charles playing a made up card game with the kids
Geoffrey
He is posing silly for the camera

No comments:
Post a Comment