Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Hey all,
I am Starting a blog before I go to Uganda Africa. I leave on the 12th of this month so that's about 4 days from now. I am so nervous and excited all at the same time. I don't know at this point what to expect when I get out there, but I will find out sooner or later. While I am out there I am hoping to post pictures and keep up on my blog so you all will know what's happening in Uganda.
When I get out there I will be picked up by Andy & Karina Smith they are missionaries out there off of an Island of Lake Victoria. I will be saying one week with them then I will head back to the main land "Jinja" where I will meet Teresha of "Spring of Hope" and stay the rest of my time working at that school. I am really excited to meet Geoffrey my sponsor child. Hey is a little deaf boy who goes to the school that I will be working at for 6 months.
God has great things planned and I am really excited to be a part of them.

2 comments:

  1. You are in our prayers! You have a long road ahead of you and yet it will fly by. Take a lot of pictures in the beginning, because you will adjust after a while and things you would not normally see will become normal and you may not think to take a photo! I love you so much sis! Remember you have a lot of people praying for you and thinking about you! I can't wait to see what God does through you and with you. Are you flying by yourself? Do you have a connecting flight or is it a straight shot? AHHH! So excited! Love you! -Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am flying by myself and I do have a connecting flight in Amsterdam. I am really excited to be over there and help out and Spring of Hope.
    thanks for your paryers

    ~Roxy

    ReplyDelete

Deaf Awareness Week -Sep. 21st-26th

Deaf Awareness Week  -Sep. 21st-26th
Geoffrey, Emma, Ruth, Me & Falo

Working Buddies

Working Buddies
Charles & I just hanging out

At The Hotel in Kampala

At The Hotel in Kampala
Charles playing a made up card game with the kids

Geoffrey

Geoffrey
He is posing silly for the camera